Monday, October 5, 2009

Your Karma is Interferring with my Qi

Remember the second "Ghostbusters'" film? The one where the river of pink slime ran through the underground tunnels of New York City? The pink slime that emitted bad vibes, bad karma, bad Qi (Chi)? Remember how contagious that dark mood became? Well, I think it was in the grocery store last night.

I had to run up for a few items and to pick up a prescription. I could feel that something was unsettled when I parked the car. It wasn't yet nightfall, but there was a darkness over the store; perhaps it was the pending rain that eventually came our way. I didn't find a single smile in the store. I found frustration, impatience, anger and even despair as one young man approached me for a few dollars. There was a sadness and it stuck to me.

When I got home, my sister asked me what was wrong. It was apparent. My energy was zapped while picking up some milk, fruit and muffins. I retreated to my space to recover. The negative energy had drained me. After an hour of breathing and and re-focusing, I was re-centered.

I began contemplating the concepts of Qi (Chi) and karma. Did everyone in there have bad karma? Or did one person have bad karma that infiltrated the Qi?

Qi (Chi) is translated literally as "air" or "breath". It is the "energy flow"; the force. Karma is the law of moral causation; literally: action or doing. It is believed that the differences in our lives is a product of past lives - previous actions - creating accumulated karmic tendencies. Any kind of intentional action - thought, word or deed - is regarded as karma. Is karma and Qi a philosophical/theological paradox like the "chicken or the egg"?

If Qi (Chi) is the life breath that animates all living beings, does it arise from matter or does matter arise from Qi (Chi)?

I believe that we function as "one". Your actions and thoughts affect me. Mine, affect you. We are connected. We cannot escape that connection. That, I believe is the "Plan".

It began raining late last night. It is still raining; a steady, hard rain. The rain was needed to cleanse the Qi (Chi). I feel much better.

May the force be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment